FUNCTIONAL ELECTRICAL STIMULATION: WORKS JUST AT THE RIGHT TIME
Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES) lifts the foot at just the right time in the walking, or gait cycle. Walking becomes faster and more efficient. With FES, you can be in the moment rather than concentrating on every step.
FES can improve your gait. It often helps you to walk faster and for longer distances.
As you don’t need to concentrate on your walking and constantly keep an eye on the ground, your mind is free for other thoughts, conversations and experiences. In addition, the muscles of the lower legs are exercised with FES, and strong muscles make walking even easier.
Bioness L300 Go stimulation
Improved Mobility. Made Easier.
The L300 Go system for patients with drop foot (e.g. after a stroke) is based on the principle of functional electrical stimulation (FES). Thanks to 3D motion detection, multichannel stimulation, Bluetooth programming and a user app for mobile devices, this external stimulation system offers impressive features and benefits. A new learning algorithm adapts to the changes in gait dynamics and deploys stimulation within 0.01 seconds – faster than a blink of the eye. The L300 Go controls dorsiflexion and inversion/eversion precisely with just a single electrode. A 3-axis gyroscope and acceleration sensors monitor movement patterns in all three planes.
The benefits at a glance
- Fast, intuitive set-up for orthotists and therapists
- Multi-channel stimulation with a single electrode
- 3D motion detection for monitoring all three planes
- Optional foot sensor and remote control
- Analysis of results based on integrated 10 m gait test
- App lets users monitor their own therapy progress
- Lifts your foot at the right time
- Improves walking speed, pattern and confidence
- Requires less concentration on gait
- Requires no cumbersome wires or electrode positioning with a wireless stimulator and cuff
- Makes it possible to walk greater distances
- Easy to put on with one hand
- Easy, individual adjustment using the wireless remote control
- Second muscle group can be stimulated
- Heel switch can be worn on unaffected leg
Is FES right for me?
FES is suitable for people with Drop Foot or Dorsal Flexor Weakness caused by Stroke, Brain Injury, Multiple Sclerosis or Incomplete Paralysis.
There will be some instances where surface stimulation won’t be effective, so please ask your doctor or therapist whether MyGait is suitable for you.
Alternatively, contact us for more information here